Monday, October 24, 2011

Lots to catch up on

Since my last post I've gone on 2 vacations! The first was my "girls" only with my daughter, granddaughter and mom. We just went to Illinois, the weather wasn't cooperative but we still managed to get to Legoland and Brookfield Zoo. There was literally no one at the zoo when we were leaving where I could have someone else take the photo of the 4 of us, so I had to take the photo.
The condo had an indoor pool that was basically our own so we had fun!
My 2nd trip was to Las Vegas with my husband. We met our best man and his wife (from our wedding 30 yrs ago!) for an evening and a day. Carl mainly bet on the NFL games so we came out ahead in that department. I even drove to the local LNS there, Stitchers Paradise. I only got some threads though. We had LOTS of fun and Carl surprised me by getting a trip booked to the Grand Canyon....by helicopter! It was an awesome trip and we landed in the Grand Canyon for lunch! Of course we flew over the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the Strip. All spectacular from the air!Not sure he'll be able to top that one!

And of course the beautiful Bellagio gardens for fall.

Anyway...I've been back for a couple weeks now and slowly getting back to "normal". I think I could get used to this not working stuff.
As far as stitching goes. I had to take smaller projects with me to stitch on. I started the Tigers Logo on the first trip and just finished it a couple nights ago. I bought the pattern online several years ago and tried to look them up again and they are not there anymore. Although the Tigers didn't make it to the World Series, they had an awesome run and can't wait until next spring!

I also finished a couple smalls along the way. A freebie I don't remember where I got it and Frosty Flakes by LHN, I changed the bird and present colors.





I also got my 2 pieces for my bedroom framed and now they are both hanging proudly in my bedroom.
And if you are still here with me, I'll leave you with some (several) photos taken this fall of my daughter and Amberlyn. Have a great fall!!!!

11 comments:

  1. really nice pictures. I took the helicopter ride from vegas to the grand canyon also. You cant beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family! Looks like both your vacations were great - I can see how hard it would be to settle in after all that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my how you have been busy, and Amberlyn is growing so quickly, what a cutie. I just love the two pieces finished with the suede matts, a girl after my own heart. They look fabulous Nancy.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amberlyn is such a cutie :)
    Looks like you had a great time. Your stitching looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all sounds like such great fun!
    Love the little ornaments.

    I had missed your Witches Wheel finish from a few posts ago but had to tell you how much I love it!
    More inspiration for me to pull mine out and start it perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great views from the helicopter! Lucky you... two vacations. :) Congrats on your finishes. Your two framed pieces look great on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your photos! Especially from the heli. Two vacations!! You lucky duck you :)

    Your stitching looks awesome. The framed pieces look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures from your vacations. Must have been great to have the zoo and pool and other attractions nearly to yourselves at your girls weekend. And those views from heli are simply breathtaking.
    Great stitching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fantastic time! Saw you from the cottages SAL. Glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your vacation photos! Looks like everyone had a good time. Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The framed pictures are so beautiful! I bet they make you smile each time you see them! Looks like you had a great vacay! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and finding time for leaving a comment!